Are you unable to browse the web because of the Err_Cache_Miss error? It usually pops up when you press back or refresh button on your browser.
The good news is that you can easily fix this annoying problem.
What Causes Err_Cache_Miss Error?
Windows Users can often see this error while browsing the internet. The error usually occurs when your internet browser cache data doesn’t respond and fails to send data to the server.
Some users still running the older version of the Chrome browser are also facing this error due to a bug. This error would also pop up when you have a problem with your browser configuration or with the website/app you are trying to access.
So in a nutshell, the error could pop up due to the following reasons.
- Outdated browser version
- Corrupt cache
- Wrong configurations and browser settings
- Bad code.
When Does Err_Cache_Miss Error Pop Up?
The Err_Cache_Miss error is a common issue with Google Chrome. It might pop up when you are doing any of the following activities.
- Having this error while accessing some sites
- Having this error while opening your own website
- Got the error in your browser’s “dev tool” while testing the code
- Having this error while surfing and browsing on Chrome.
Different Ways the Err_Cache_Miss Error Is Displayed
This Error Usually Occurs when you press the Refresh button or Back button on Google Chrome or another web browser while you are filing any form or data on any Page.
There are different messages for this error. Any of them can occur while using your browser.
- “Failed to load resource: net:: ERR_CACHE_MISS”
- “This site can’t be loaded from the cache”
- “Confirm Form Resubmission: err_cache_miss”.
If any of the above messages display on your Windows screen then it is an Err_Cache_Miss error.
How To Fix This Error?
Actually, fixing this error is not a big deal. We can fix Err_Cache_Miss error by using any of the following methods.
Here are a few ways of how to fix err_cache_miss error.
- Clear the internet browser cookies and cache
- Clearing the browsing history of your browser
- Using the chrome cleanup tool
- Reset your Chrome to the default setting
- Update your browser
- Disable the cache
- Check for extensions and plugins in the browser
- Reset the network settings
Clear the Internet Browser Cookies and Cache
By clearing the cookies and cache of your browser you can get rid of this error. It’s the most common reason you see this error in Chrome. So clearing the cookies can help.
- Open Google Chrome
- Copy this link: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData to go to Chrome Settings
- Paste the Link in New tab and click Enter
- A pop-up will appear with options to clear the browsing history, cookies, and cache
- Check Cookies and Cache and set ‘All Time’ above in the Time Range value
That’s it. Any issues you are facing due to corrupt cache or cookies will disappear.
Clearing the Browsing History of Your Chrome
Windows users can get rid of ERR_CACHE_MISS error by simply clearing the history of the browser.
NOTE: This method will clear your saved data in Google Chrome i.e., Autofill forms, Saved Password, History, etc. So proceed ahead with caution.
Follow these steps.
- Open Google Chrome and go to Settings
- Type ‘clear browsing history’ and open the related settings
- A pop-up will appear with different options
- Check Browser History and click Clear Data button at the bottom
- Then restart your browser
Hopefully, your problem is solved.
Using the Chrome Cleanup Tool
In 2014 Google released a beta version of a cleanup tool that can scan your computer. It will remove software that may cause problems with Chrome.
Now, this tool works like a charm on any computer and it will definitely fix your problem.
Follow the steps to use the Cleanup tool
- Click on the link to download the Cleanup tool
- Now install the program and run it
- Chrome Cleanup app will delete all the corrupt software that might be causing that problem
Reset Your Chrome to the Default Setting
This is a very easy method and a lot of people get positive results from it quickly.
All you need to do is follow these steps.
- Open google chrome
- On the top of the page, you will find the address bar
- Paste this URL “chrome://flags/” and press the Enter key
- It will open Chrome settings
- Go to “Reset all to default” button and click it
- Restart your browser
Update Your Browser
The ERR_CACHE_MISS problem is often caused by errors and bugs on the installed version of your browser. Developers fix bugs in the update but if you haven’t installed the latest version, you could still be seeing the error.
So follow these steps to update your browser.
- Open Google Chrome and go to Setting
- Then navigate to Help
- Chrome will check for new updates
- Update to the latest version of Chrome
Disable the Cache
You can also get rid of the error by simply disabling the cache. It’s easy as long as you follow these easy steps below.
- Open Google Chrome
- Press Ctrl + Shift + I at the same time
- Then press the F1 key
- Navigate to disable cache
- Then reload the page or restart the browser
Check for Extensions and Plugins in the Browser
We know that plugin and extensions are very helpful for us but extension may cause the ERR_CACHE _MISS error. A faulty extension/plugin could lead to a crash, resulting in this error.
You need to check your Google extensions to find the source of the problem.
- Go to Google Chrome
- Click on the Control menu
- Press More Tools option
- Click on Extensions
- Disable the extension that is causing the cache error
- If not sure, start with disabling adblocker and toolbar extensions as they are often the reason for this error
- If still not fixed, disable and enable all extensions one by one to identify the faulty one
Hopefully, these steps fixed the problem.
Reset the Network Settings
Misconfiguration of the DNS and the network setting is another major cause for ERR_CACHE_MISS Error. But you can get rid of this easily by following these steps.
- Navigate to the Windows Desktop
- Hold down the Windows key and press R
- This will open the Run dialogue box
- Type ‘cmd’ and press Enter to open the command prompt
- Now type the following commands and press the Enter key after each line
netsh winsock reset
- Reboot the computer
Check now, ERR_CACHE_MISS Error is most probably fixed.