MotherBoards are the whole sole body of a smart PC, Tablet, Mobile, Etc. A motherboard is a printed circuit board containing the principal components of a computer or other device, with connectors for other circuit boards to be slotted into. A motherboard is the main printed circuit board (PCB) found in general purpose microcomputers and other expandable systems. Motherboard consists of all the connections to interface cards, sound cards, video cards, network cards, hard drives, or other forms of persistent storage, TV tuner cards, cards providing extra USB or FireWire slots and a variety of other custom components.
So in order to update any driver, check hardware capabilities, or you are thinking to upgrade your driver, then you must know that what kind of motherboard you are having on your PC. Well there are two ways that either you can simply open your CPU, and then check for your motherboard’s details imprinted on it or you can either find it simply on your computer’s details. So here we are discussing all the ways to know every detail about your Motherboard.
How to Find Out What Motherboard You Have?
There are many types of different models, sizes and configuration for the components that are attached to the computer. So whenever you are planning to upgrade or repair any of the components, you must know the configuration and details of your motherboard so that you can get the exact supported model of the component.
There is one ore another way of knowing the specifications of your motherboard, by looking for your computer’s bill, as it consists of the details of the motherboard you are running your computer with. However, the best method we would suggest to check your computer settings or records so that you can get the exact information of your motherboard along with all the supported hardware.
What is My Motherboard Configuration?
There are different elements in a motherboard, so having different configurations. Here is the list of different configuration and elements whose details you can find out easily.
In order to view the manufacturer details and model number of your motherboard, you have to access windows system utility. Know details of your motherboard by following steps:
Motherboard Information For Windows 10
Follow these steps specifically to grab all the details of your motherboard in windows 10,
- Go to desktop Screen of Windows,
- Click Windows + X, User Task Menu Will Open,
- Press Run,
- Type ‘msinfo32’ and press Enter.
A screen with all the details of your motherboard and supported elements will appear, Now you can see whatever information you want to know about any system’s motherboard.
Motherboard Information in Windows 8/8.1
These are the following steps that will let you see the information about your motherboard in Windows 8/8.1:
- Click on Windows + R,
- In RUN, Type msinfo32,
- Click on Enter,
- A new dialogue box will open showing all the information you seek about your computer.
Get Your Motherboard Information in Windows 7 or Earlier
These steps are valid for Windows 7 and earlier windows. Apart from Windows 10 or Windows 8, this is the correct guide to display and record all your system and files information of motherboard of your computer.
- Click Start Menu,
- Go to All Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools.
- Now Select Information Utility,
- Now You can see your Motherboard information.
In this windows that will appear, you will be able to find all the relevant information about your system you are seeking. in this box, you can easily see all the details of your motherboard and get the complete information about its hardware attachability options along with the other system details. You can also monitor the performance, speed, clock speed, rounds, frequency, etc of your computer.
How To Check What Motherboard I Have In OEM Computers?
You must be wondering that what mobo do I have, as in the previous steps, you can only see the model number of your computer. Yes, When you are using OEM computers, that are the systems that are manufactured by different brands like Dell, HP, Asus, etc, then you are only able to get the model number for your PC.
In such cases, you have to write down the model number of your computer, and you have to search the configurations of the particular model on the internet to see the type and model of the motherboard and other relative information.
What Motherboard Do I Have, Check by Command Prompt:
Command Prompt is one of the most useful tools available for the users. You can use the Command prompt to change many settings directly without going any deep. Thinking, what kind of motherboard I have, well-using command prompt you can simply get all the details of your computer easily.
all you need to do is open command prompt and use some couple of steps listed below.
- In this method, we will be discussing to get your motherboard details using a command prompt by WMIC Commands.
- Open your Command Prompt,
- Do this by Windows + R, >> cmd >> Command Prompt will open,
Type, wmic baseboard get product,Manufacturer,version,serialnumber
- Hit enter And your system details along with complete details of your motherboard will now flash on your screen. This is one of the most simple methods, but you need to be friendly with using a command prompt.
Using Third Party tools To find your Motherboard details:
There are many third-party applications too available for extracting the exact information on your computer and its hardware. For example, Speccy is the app that is available for free for download, and you can easily.
After you have downloaded the speccy r any related third-party tool for monitoring your computer’s performance and details. When you will now open the tool, then your computer’s details will be visible to you along with its temperature, fan speed, data processing speed, etc
Other Suggested Methods to define Motherboard and relative Info of your PC
These are the few listed other methods that can get you the complete information about your computer in all manners. You can easily grab the details of your pc following the listed points below:
- You can check the documentation of your PC or the specific motherboard model number. You can download a PDF file of complete detailed information on your computer if you have a branded and company assembled CPU. These documentations will also guide you about the modifications and upgrades that are possible in your computer.
- Since every electrical component has its specifications and a sign from its manufacturer along with its model number imprinted on it. You can thus visually check for the name that is embedded on your motherboard. There is always a serial number and model number of the motherboard written on it. You can simply check for the Motherboard details written, and check for the details about the upgrade on the internet.
- You can also find the FCC information of your motherboard. FCC Numbers can directly link to your model and a serial number of the motherboard, thus you can also seek relevant help from the manufacturer’s helpline or online chat services.
- You can check the chipset information of your motherboard by entering the BIOS setup for the particular. This can even be an option when you do not want to login to your computer, or your computer’s windows n not loading due to any hardware fault.
- If you are here seeking to get the details of your motherboard because you want to repair or replace it, then we would recommend that you do not repair your motherboard and simply try to replace it. Please make sure before replacing your motherboard, you shall make sure that new motherboard can adjust the components of your older motherboard.
Which Motherboard should I Buy?
As mentioned above, in case you are facing any failure in the motherboard, or there are any problems that are compromising with the performance of your motherboard, then you shall not at all go for repair on your motherboard. There are many companies that are in repairing field for the motherboards and various computer components. You will even be offered repair of your motherboard in your native grey market for electronics.
Normally a new computer or new motherboard comes with a new warranty. After your warranty has expired and your motherboard encounters any problem then you shall probably opt to buy a new motherboard for your computer. A new motherboard these days will not cost you much and you can easily upgrade to the latest technology. Since the technology gets cheaper as it gets old, you can easily get a new motherboard for your PC, that will be completely under warranty. A new motherboard will cost you almost the cost of the old motherboard. Thus getting a new motherboard, will cost almost the same and you will be free from any further problems to appear.