Are you seeing CTF Loader error on your Windows PC? It can slow down your computing experience but you can easily disable this service.
Here is a simple guide to this error and ways of dealing with it successfully.
What Is CTF Loader?
CTF Loader (Collaborative Translation Framework ) is a useful Windows service that runs in the background. It manages Voice Recognition and Handwriting for various Windows applications.
Is CTF Loader a Virus?
Many Windows users think that CTF loader is a malware or a virus. In reality, it’s a Microsoft service that runs in the background. You can confirm it using the following easy steps.
- Open Task Manager and expand the Processes tab
- Go to CTF Loader and right-click on it
- From the context menu, go to ‘Open file location’
- Windows will open a system directory for you
- Find ctfmon.exe file and right-click on it
- Go to Properties
- Click on Details to find out the origin of this file.
You will notice that the file’s signature shows that it’s a Microsoft executable file. It means you don’t have to worry about it as long as it’s not crashing your PC.
Location of CTF Loader File
CTF Loader runs in the background and you can see the service in Task Manager. You can also locate the executable file on your hard drive. The location for different versions of Windows will be different.
- For Windows 10 (32 bits), the file is located at C:\Windows\System32
- For Windows 10 (64 bits), the file is located at C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (64 bit Windows).
Common Issues Associated with CTF Loader
Sometimes, Windows users encounter CTF Loader error. Here are some related errors that users will often see when CTF has an issue.
- When CTF Loader crashes, you could see the error ‘CTF Loader has encountered a problem… Sorry for the Inconvenience’
- If your computer is slow, it could be due to a CTF Loader error
- Sometimes such errors can also cause high RAM usage.
Why Does CTF Loader Error Appear?
You may see the error when you have one of the following problems.
- Your MS Office installation is corrupt
- You have not updated your Windows
- One of the language packs for Windows is corrupt
- Your system is infected with some malware or virus.
How to Fix CTF Loader Error?
If you are worried about your slow PC, it could be due to an issue with the CTF. You can temporarily disable this service to see if it improves PC performance.
Disable CTF Loader on Windows 10
Indeed, you are able to improve the performance by disabling the service for the moment.
- Right-click on This PC icon on the desktop.
- Choose Manage from the context menu.
- Select Services and Applications from the left-hand panel of Computer Management.
- Double click on Services option from the right-hand panel.
- Scroll down to find the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service.
- Right-click on it and choose Properties.
- Select Disabled after Startup type.
- Click on the Stop button under Service status.
- Click on the OK button at the bottom to confirm.
Disable Handwriting and Touch Keyboard Services
Follow these easy steps below to disable CTF Loader in Windows.
- Press Start on your Windows desktop and search ‘run’
- Open the Run program and type the following command
- Now click OK to proceed
- In the window that appears, find Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service and right-click on it
- Go to Properties from the right-click menu.
The Loader will be disabled after completing these steps.
Deleting the Ctfmon.exe Files
Follow these easy steps below to delete CTF Loader in Windows.
- Click Start on Windows desktop and type ‘this PC’
- Click on This PC and go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (64-bit systems) or C:\Windows\System32 (32-bit systems)
- Delete all the ctfmon.exe files you find in this folder.
The error will be deleted permanently after these steps.
- Click on My PC on the desktop
- Press Win Key+F
- In the search bar type ctfmon.exe
- Now there you can see all the CFT related files, you can delete them all.
Disable CTF Loader from Task Scheduler
To disable the Loader from Task scheduler, simply follow these steps.
- Open Run on your Windows PC
- When you see a dialogue box, simply type the following command and press the Enter key on your keyboard
- It will open Win Task Schedule utility
- Navigate to Microsoft > Windows
- Locate the Text Services Framework and open it
- Now click MSCTFMonitor option
- On the next page, you can easily disable CTF Loader.
Update Your Windows PC
Sometimes an outdated Windows installation can cause all sorts of problems and users are bombarded with errors including CTF Loader error. Update your OS to get rid of these errors.
To update your copy of Windows 10, follow these steps below.
- Open Settings app by pressing the Windows key + I on your keyboard
- Now find Update & Security option and open it
- Here you will be able to check for Updates.
It might take a few minutes for Windows to check for updates depending on your connection speed. Once the update is complete, restart the PC and hopefully, the error will be gone for good.