Console games have always been popular and jailbreaking brought us emulators, a way of playing those games on our iOS devices. Apple doesn’t support this type of gaming.
What is HappyChick?
It is an incredibly popular emulator app that supports more than 18 consoles.
That`s the best way to download and play NDS and GBA games on your iPhone or iPad, as well as PS1, PPSSPP, and many more. It has been updated to support iOS 13 and if you have at least 2 GB RAM on your device, you will get a much better app experience.
HappyChick offers more features than many other comparable emulator apps, including:
- Support for more than 18 consoles
- Hundreds of games
- Ability to add external ROMs
- Multiplayer online gaming supported
- LAN support – play online games without Wi-Fi
- Cloud servers for fast, safe downloads and easy syncing
- Record your gameplay and share it
- Customizable game controls
- Create game maps
- Supported on iOS 12 and iOS 13 – for the best experience, you need at least 2 GB RAM
- No jailbreak required
- One-click play
- Completely free
How to Download HappyChick
There are two ways to download the HappyChick emulator app. It isn’t available in the iOS app store, but you can choose between using a third-party app installer or installing it using Cydia Impactor:
Method 1: AppValley App
AppValley is an app installer containing thousands of apps and game, most of them unofficial, and it includes a choice of emulators, including HappyChick:
- Open Safari and go to the official AppValley download page appvalleyapp.com
- Download AppValley onto your device
- Tap on the icon on your home screen – if an untrusted developer error appears, note the developer name from the message
- Open Settings > General >Profiles
- Find and tap the developer name and tap Trust
- Now open AppValley and search for HappyChick
- Click the result to download it and click on Install
- When HappyChick appears on your home screen, the installation is finished, and you can start enjoying your console games once more.
Method 2: IPA File
If you just want HappyChick on your device you can use Cydia Impactor and your computer to sideload it onto your device. You will also need your Apple ID. Be aware though; if yours is a free Apple ID, the app will crash after 7 days and you will need to reinstall it – this will happen every 7 days.
- Download Cydia Impactor onto your computer
- Load the HappyChick IPA file and extract the contents
- Open Cydia Impactor and connect your iPhone or iPad
- When Cydia Impactor has detected your device, find, and drag the IPA file into the tool
- Type your Apple credentials in and, if you see an Expired Certificate warning, tap OK
- Now leave Cydia Impactor or sign and sideload HappyChick onto your device
- When the icon is on your home screen, you can use it
- If you get the Untrusted Developer error, follow the steps in the tutorial above to fix it
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions about HappyChick emulator, we have the answers:
Can HappyChick Be Updated?
Yes, it can. The developers will send you a notification whenever an update to the emulator is ready; simply tap the notification and follow the instructions on your screen to install the update. You should install every update as some are security and bug fixes.
Why Does HappyChick Keep Crashing?
The likely cause for this is your iPhone or iPad performance and, typically, the reason is a lack of space on your device. Clear out any unwanted files, remove unused apps, move your media to the cloud or external storage, and then try again.
Is HappyChick Really Safe to Use?
Absolutely. However, you run a risk with any third-party apps that you download. In this case, the developers have added layers of security into the app, ensuring that your device and your data remain safe.
The app is regularly updated and there have been no reports, either from users or our own tests, of any malware, viruses, or anything else. And, as you are not installing a jailbreak to use it, you are not compromising the security of your iPhone or iPad.
You should install anti-virus software on your device when you use any unofficial content, though. HappyChick Emulator is one of the best emulator apps available today. Try it and enjoy playing your favorite NDS and GBA games on your iPhone or iPad.