When you have paid for the avast premium versions, then you will get one year license in usual cases. So before your license expires, avast self-deduct the renewal amount of your license from your approved credit card or PayPal account. There are many users who want this feature to be active and they get uninterrupted services, while there are many who want to opt for another antivirus or different plan or simply do not feel the need to continue with premium versions, need their subscription to avast turn off auto-renewal.
Avast usually do not give the clue that you have auto-renewal policy enabled on your pc, thus making them charge for the renewal amount without intimation. Its the time of installation and payment when avast shows a small checkbox with a phrase like Renewal: Automatic and usually we do not notice it while using the antivirus installer. This can later create avast billing problems.
Avast Turn Off Auto Renewal
Here we have created the complete guide by which you can Turn off auto Renewal in Avast. It is important to simply cancel the avast auto-renewal so that you can eliminate the auto debit and check for the other antivirus and other plans too. Here you can completely learn about hot to cancel the Auto avast renewal in avast and even apply and get the refund if you have been auto debited.
How to cancel Avast Subscription
There are basically three major ways by which you can easily and anytime cancel the avast auto-renewal subscription. You can do it yourself within 5 minutes sing avast account following the below-listed steps. There is another way that you cancel your avast subscription using your Digital River or Nexway accounts. These two can also be used as they are the only official distributor of avast antivirus worldwide. Even if by chance you have paid for the avast then you can also apply for Avast refund from these services or portals.
There are three main solutions for the avast to cancel auto-renewal subscription and those are as follows:
Turn Off Automatic Renewal in Avast Customer Portal (Digital River Avast only)
Digital River Avast is just the avast order portal, since different portals that sell the avast license. When using any of the portals for the purchase then you can simply edit it for license renewal and other payment options. Talking of the Digital River, then steps for cancel avast renewal are as follows:
- Go to the Avast Digital River order portal, by going to the avast find order by URL avast.com/find-order
- In this avast customer portal find the login options
- enter your order number and password.
- Both order number and password can be found in the original e-mail you received after your purchase from address firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Avast – Order Confirmation (Order #YOUR-ORDER-ID)“.
- Click on find order.
- Once you find your order details, then click on Manage Subscription,
- On the subscription details page find Automatic Renewals
- switch it from On to Off.
- Confirm by clicking on Disable Automatic Renewal link on the pop-up message
- Now your automatic renewal is canceled and you should see Off in the Automatic Renewals line.
- You will also recieve a confirmation e-mail with the subject Avast – Auto-Renewal Feature Has Been Stopped, to your registered email.
Avast Turn off Auto renewal from Avast account for Nexway
Nexway is also the another avast portal to sell their license for the software. You can cancel the auto-renewal in your avast Nexway portal using the steps below.
NOTE: These steps are also valid in the avast Digital River portal also to cancel avast subscription.
These are the steps that are also available to disable the auto-renewal option when you seek to disable it with your avast account.
- Open your Avast Antivirus dashboard
- go to Avast Account by clicking on Sign in or e-mail in the top-right corner
- Login to your Avast Account (make sure you are using the same e-mail you have used for the original purchase from avast.com)
- go to the Licenses section by finding the button Your licenses
- Now you will see all your licenses associated with Avast Account (e-mail).
- find AUTO-RENEWAL LICENSE
- click on Cancel Auto-renewal
- Confirm by clicking on Deactivate Auto-renewal Subscription,
- After you get the confirmation your automatic renewal is canceled on your email with subject Avast – Auto-Renewal Feature Has Been Stopped
If you did not get any confirmation email that means there is some problem with either your licensing or the email/account you are trying to access your Avast account. In such case, you can contact the Avast Support team at avast.com/support or support.avast.com
Turn off Auto-Renewal in Avast Using the Customer Service Portal
If both the above-listed solutions do not work well for you, then you can simply ask the avast customer care to turn off the subscription. You can ask them to turn off the auto-renewal by simply telling your license number. For disabling the avast license renewal from customer care services please contact the following.
- Go to link support.avast.com/refund
- fill in the information with the cancel request.
- It is important to use the same e-mail you have used during the original purchase
- Wait for the Avast Customer Service response to confirm the cancellation
How to apply for Avast Refund Request
Well if you are too busy and missed your only chance to miss out to cancel the avast auto renewal and your avast has automatically got renewed and your credit card has deducted the renewal amount for your avast, then you can apply for the refund request. For applying for the refund for avast you can do it within 30 days of the deduction of the payment. After the 30 days period gets expired then you cannot apply for refund anymore.
Avast customer service billing is responsible for the accounting of the license payments. You can apply for the avast customer service refund from the customer support within the first 30 days if your license has renewed or 60 days if you are the new user to purchase the avast license.
How to cancel Avast 60 day trial? / How to cancel Avast free trial?
You can easily cancel the activated avast subscription anytime after your purchase within 60 days of the purchase. This is also the nice way to simply try Avast for free. You can download the copy of the original avast and can easily cancel the subscription and use the avast for free for two months.