Creating good video content is no longer only an art thus video editing software is getting more and more popular nowadays. There is so much technology in place today to help you create professional-looking videos. You can captivate your audience with product marketing videos featuring views from every possible angle.
Say, you are posting videos on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, or any other social media platform. Therefore, you need to be spot-on with your presentation. We highlight here some of the best online video editing software that you can get in 2020.
Get the Best Advantage With Great Video Editing Software
There is so much desktop-based and mobile-friendly video editing software for creating various types of videos. Thus it’s easy to get confused. Here is our list of 12 best video editing software apps out there. They will help you with your editing work:
1. VSDC Video Editor Software
Firstly, you can get this desktop editing software free, as well as a paid version. Secondly, even though you won’t find all the features in the free version, there is a full suite of editing functions. Thirdly, and most importantly, you can do masking and apply green-screen video effects with ease.
- A variety of transitions
- Tools for different masking operations
- HEVC/H.265, a video compression feature
- Color-correction tools
- Basic image filters
- Social media link for uploading videos on various channels
If you are a newbie, this video editing software program should be suitable for you. That is thanks to its easy-to-use interface. Although Avidemux doesn’t have as many features as many other video editing apps, it’s easy for newbies to handle.
- Audio and video filters
- Simple cutting
3. Lightworks Video Editing Software
If you have projects to share in real-time, you will find this software useful. It has a simple and intuitive interface. You also get a suite of video tutorials that add to the user experience. So you will be able to learn Linux video editing with this program.
- A variety of stock music and videos
- Quick and efficient trim functions
- Speed optimization
- Social media sharing features
- Compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Multi-cam editing functions
Are you looking for a more professional-type video editing software? Blender is probably a good option for you. You can do much with this open-source, 3D-enabled program. Although designed for 3D animation, it is flexible for other video editing requirements.
- Strong on functions for animated objects
- Video game development functions
- Extensive visual effects library
- Highly-advanced saving and exporting functions
- Realistic kinematics animation tools provided
5. Machete Video Editor Lite
This program is only compatible with windows. It is one of the more straightforward editors and suitable for quick edits. Moreover, the free version allows you only to edit audio. So you would have to go in for the paid version for more functions.
- Good for quick edits
- Efficient splicing tools
- You can save video fragments as separate files
6. DaVinci Resolve 16
Here is another video editing software that is popular with professionals. You can do both online and offline editing with this program. The result is that you can save time during the editing and trimming process. Even the free version satisfies professional requirements.
- Compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux
- Dual timeline for quick navigation
- Intelligent auto-editing
- Facial recognition features for editing
- Dedicated trim interface
- Picture-in-picture effects
- Dynamic zoom
- High-quality motion estimation
7. Freemake Video Converter
Compatible only with Windows, Freemake Video Converter will modify your videos and convert them with ease. The program is fast and simple, and it is compatible with multiple video file formats. Additionally, it converts video clips to be played on different mobile devices.
- Quick and easy video conversion
- Highly versatile with different formats
- High resolution
- Convert subtitle
- Clip rotation, joining and cutting
- No specialist knowledge required.
You get this software bundled free with Mac OS. It is simple to use with a drag-and-drop enabled interface and is mostly drag-and-drop enabled. So you can create and edit powerful videos stored on Apple’s cloud. Thereby it is making it extremely versatile and easy to update.
- Compatible with Mac only
- Cloud-storage functionality
- Video filters for specific film genres
- Speed controls
- 4K resolution support
- Studio-quality title animations
- Built-in sound effects, music, and voiceover recording
OpenShot is a simple video editing software with a short learning curve. For instance, its intuitive interface and basic design make it easy for beginners to use. Thus small businesses can significantly benefit from the clip edit functions, audio editing, and real-time preview.
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Customizable title-card templates
- Digital video effects
- Unlimited layers for various video and audio components
- Drag-and-drop functionality
- Powerful animation capabilities
10. Movie Maker 10
Movie Maker 10 is a program suited for those who want to stick to the basics. You can make quick edits and process short video clips that do not command the time and effort of longer videos. In addition, it has a full suite of video editing software tools and a variety of fonts and colors.
- Available for Windows only
- Auto-movie options
- Auto-preview tool
- Animation tab
If you are an audiophile, you will find Shotcut a suitable choice. It supports a variety of formats with an extensive range of audio options. Since it was designed for Linux, non-Linux users may find it a bit quirky, but it’s still a good picture video maker.
- Supports Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Native timeline editing
- Advanced audio filters
- Supports the latest audio and video formats
- Multi-format timeline
12. HitFilm Express
We can consider HitFilm as the Best free video editor that provides professional visual effects. You may find it a bit advanced if you are a newbie. The results are quite satisfying because you can use it to produce Hollywood-style films.
- Compatible with Windows and Mac
- Composite shot enhancements
- Adaptive trimmer
- Professional quality audio mixer
- Professional-style video editing
- Unlimited video and audio timeline-track creation
- Can copy a group of attributes between clips and projects
- Various transition options
Great Video Comes From Good Video Editors
The best approach is to try the free versions, to begin with. Once you are familiar with the features and have used it for some time, then you could opt for a premium version, fully loaded with all the features.
Here are just a few of the best video editing software programs that you can get in 2020. Although there are other programs as well, the chances are that you will be able to find a suitable match for your requirements from this list of 12 programs. After that, you can click here to know more about the described software.